Wisconsin defeated Indiana in a game that decided the representation of the Leaders Division and Nebraska all but wrapped up the Legends Division. Devin Gardner led the Wolverines over Northwestern in overtime but they need a few things to happen to overtake Nebraska. Wisconsin had the biggest jump, going from 6 to 4 in the rankings but welcome the Buckeyes into town this weekend.
1. Ohio State- The Buckeyes got the week off to prepare for their big time showdown at Camp Randall. Braxton and co. want to make a statement to Wisconsin that they are the best team in the Leaders Division.
2. Nebraska- Nebraska took care of business versus Penn State and now control their own destiny the Legends Division. The Cornhuskers will likely battle Wisconsin at Lucas Oil Stadium for a berth in the Rose Bowl.
3. Michigan- Looks like Michigan does have a back-up plan and his name is Devin Gardner. He looked like a real dual threat in their big, overtime win over Northwestern.
4. Wisconsin- After a slow start to the season, the Badgers will represent the Leaders Division in the B1G Championship Game. They want to take care of the Buckeyes and leave no doubt that they are the real team to represent the division.
6. Penn State- The Nittany Lions blew a 14 point lead at Nebraska and were unable to play spoiler. They hope to bounce back this week versus Indiana.
7. Michigan State- Sparty got the week off and hope to improve their surprising 0-3 home conference record this weekend versus Northwestern.
8. Minnesota- Minnesota’s win over Illinois allowed them to become bowl eligible, not sure if that is a positive or a negative for the conference.
9. Indiana- Indiana looked like the old Indiana versus Wisconsin. Lets just say that the Hoosier faithful is excited for basketball season to be here.
10. Purdue- Purdue defeated Iowa to continue their up and down season. They’ll likely be able to notch another win versus lowly Illinois this weekend.
11. Iowa- Following their loss to Purdue, Iowa travels to the Big House this weekend in what should be a clear mismatch.
12. Illinois- At least the Illini are being consistent.
As always, compare with last week and feel free to comment.