We here at MOTSAG are opening up our secret club house to a few new writers. We are looking for a professional hahaha, just kidding. I can’t believe I actually used that word. We are really just looking for a few people who love the Buckeyes and who have some free time to dedicate to writing for the world’s oldest (active) Buckeye Blog. You don’t have to be the best writer [but it helps! -ed] or know how to spell or put together coherent sentences — our resident editor and founding father el Kaiser will fix all your mistakes and barely shame you into checking your work before hitting publish. I assure you if writing know-how was important here they would never let me post. You do, however, need to have basic knowledge of writing and of what you are writing about.
- Be able to name at least five Buckeye football players who played before Jim Tressel took over the program.
- Be able to write weekly posts that don’t include all the words your momma wouldn’t let you say as a child.
- This is a PG rated family blog (we want our wives and kids to read).
- A good sense of humor is a must. We don’t take much of this seriously and want you to do the same.
- A thick skin is required in order to deal with people who disagree with you especially those PSU fans.
- Dedication to helping make this a better blog for all our fans.
If you think you are the kind of person we are looking for and you seriously want a shot to write with all of us and you want to be part of the awesomeness that is myself and the other humble MOTSAG writers then drop us a note (either using the Contact Us page or an email to email@example.com) answering the following questions below:
- Who is your favorite Buckeye of all time and why?
- Who is your least favorite Buckeye of all time and why?
- Did we win the bowl game we were in the year you were born and what game was it?
- Innie or Outie?
- Other then TTUN which teams fanbase do you hate the most?
- Have you ever or do you currently write for anyone else and do you have an example of your work?
- Other then myself (obviously I am) who is your favorite OSU blogger?
- Tell us your favorite joke (Please keep it PG)
- Chicken Wings Bone-In or Boneless?
- Honestly how many well thought out articles will you write a month?
- Do you have a twitter account and if so what is it?
Thank you to each and everyone who applies our goal is to add as many qualified writers as we can before the season starts. If you are hired your compensation package will include the following: A key to our secret clubhouse as well as the secret handshake. There is also always the possibility that el Kaiser will share one of his many Groupons and take you out to lunch as well.