In an attempt to make a weekly brain dump, I’m going to try to do this on a regular basis.
- I know it’s only been one game, but the new Cavs have me excited. Even though Ben Wallace is the headliner of this trade, I think the player I’m most excited about is Joe Smith. Everytime Drew Gooden dropped back to hit a jumper outside of 10 feet, I held my breath and closed my eyes. Joe Smith, on the other hand, has a smooth stroke. I’m looking forward to watching more of the new look Cavs team.
- I don’t remember where I heard it (it may have been during an OSU basketball game on ESPN or CBS) but supposedly Jon Diebler averaged 40 points in high school. I guess he’s the Ohio all-time scorer in high school basketball or some-such. He scored more points than LeBron James! Has anyone else heard this? Did I miss-hear something? They just mentioned it in passing, if I remember correctly.
- Terrel Pryor watch: 19 days and counting. My guess? He’s a Buckeye by the end of the month.
- New blogs of the week: Old Columbus Town and Waiting for Next Year.
- No surprises here, but Vernon Gholston impressed the butchers at the annual NFL meat market. (h/t Old Columbus Town) He hit 37 reps of 225 on the bench. He scored the highest “Personal Gravity Field” test out of all other participants. Oh, and Darren McFaddens 4.33 40? Someone whispered in his ear that Gholston was after him.
- Dads: Let your boys grow up to be long-snappers. Thanks to the Monkey for that link, which he sent along to me. As a former long-snapper myself, it warms my heart to see the most important player on special teams get the love he deserves.
Hope everyone had a good weekend.