1. Indiana (9-0)- The Hoosiers didn’t play anyone of significance last week (sorry Central Connecticut St.,) but have instate rival Butler this week in what should be a good one.
2. Michigan (9-0)- Michigan took care of Arkansas last week and are off to their best start since the ’88-’89 National Championship season.
3. Ohio State (6-1)- Three more cupcakes for the Buckeyes before their big showdown versus Kansas.
4. Illinois (10-0)- The Illini have passed all their tests so far and have the conference’s marquee win of the season at Gonzaga.
5. Minnesota (10-1)- With a win at Southern Cal, the Gophers continue to roll and they’ll likely finish out of conference play at an impressive 12-1.
6. Michigan State (8-2)- Sparty has dealt with a couple of early season injuries but it is hard to count out a Tom Izzo coached team this early in the season. They’ll be fine.
7. Iowa (8-2)- Defeated a solid Iowa State squad for a big out of conference win that the Hawkeyes desperately needed.
8. Wisconsin (6-4)- Wisconsin started last week with a quality win versus Cal but ended their week with a tough loss versus Marquette. Inconsistencies have bugged the Badgers so far this season during their out of conference schedule.
9. Northwestern (7-3)- The Wildcats have lost their last three out of four games and now have nine days off until they play Texas State.
10. Nebraska (6-2)- The ‘Huskers got destroyed by #16 Creighton last week but look to rebound this week at Oregon.
11. Purdue (4-5)- They were held to only 44 points last game in a loss at Eastern Michigan… Yeah, that does not look good.
12. Penn State (5-4)- The Nittany Lions are shooting %39 from the field this season, good for 310th in the nation.